Abdominal cancers & conditions
If you have an abdominal cancer or other condition that may require surgery, Novant Health Hepatobiliary and Pancreas Specialists is here for you. Our surgeons regularly perform:
- General abdominal surgery.
- Robotic abdominal surgery.
- Complex gastrointestinal surgery.
- Laparoscopic solid organ surgery.
- Laparoscopic splenectomy surgery.
- Vena cava resection and reconstruction.
The conditions frequently treated include:
- Complex duodenal and gastric ulcer disease.
- Duodenal polyps and masses.
- Re-operative upper abdominal surgery.
Our surgeons are also highly experienced with the da Vinci Surgical System. This type of surgery, like laparoscopic surgery, often means shorter recovery times, smaller incisions and less risk of infection when compared to traditional surgery.
When you are referred to our office, your provider will work to devise the best treatment plan for your abdominal condition. That might include surgery or nonsurgical disease management. Your treatment plan will be highly individualized and based on your specific diagnosis and unique wishes.